The deadline for submissions for all categories is 20 December 2019. No work will be accepted after this date. Updated versions of submitted short films will not be accepted after the submission deadline date, 20 December 2019.
Works in languages other than English or Welsh must be subtitled for exhibition. English subtitles are strongly preferred for online screeners but works without subtitles will be viewed for consideration.
IRIS PRIZE OUTREACH
We also undertake education and outreach work throughout the year to challenge discrimination of LGBT+ people and to develop an audience for LGBT+ film. By submitting your film to us you grant us a non-exclusive licence to exhibit your film in programmes offered as part of this activity and on the Iris Prize YouTube channel.
Photographs of participants attending the awards event will be shared on social media. Please let us know if we may not take photos of any participants.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All entries should be related to or be of interest to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBT+) audiences and completed within 2 years prior to the submission deadline (between 21 December 2017 and 20 December 2019).
2. All short films must have a running time of 20 minutes or less. Films submitted for the Micro Short category must be less than 1 minute. Any films that exceed these limits will not be viewed by the pre-selection panel.
3. There are three awards:
- The Iris Prize Education Award (at least 90% of participants are under 20 years of age)
- The Iris Prize Community Award
- The Iris Prize Micro Award
4. All entrants must certify that appropriate copyright clearance for public exhibition of the work in the United Kingdom has been obtained. Failure to do so will result in the entry being disqualified.
5. By submitting your work to the Iris Prize Festival, you grant The Festivals Company Limited a non-exclusive licence to exhibit your work (if selected) theatrically during Iris on the Move 2020 and at other events. In addition, you also grant The Festivals Company Limited a non-exclusive licence to use an excerpt of your submission for promotional purposes only, and without limitation as to time in all media including but not limited to internet and television broadcast.
6. Iris Prize Outreach also undertakes education and outreach work throughout the year to challenge discrimination of LGBT+ people and to develop an audience for LGBT+ film. By submitting your film to us you grant us a non-exclusive licence to exhibit your film in programmes offered as part of this activity.
7. The Iris Prize Festival, The Iris Prize, and Iris Prize Outreach are trading styles of The Festivals Company Limited. The Festivals Company Limited reserves the right to vary the programme and detail of the Iris Prize Festival and Iris Prize competition in the light of commercial, economic or other operating requirements.
8. The juries will comprise of film makers and film industry personnel invited by the festival to fulfil the duties allocated to them. The decision of the juries and the festival will be final.
9. The prize money will be payable to the school/college/education establishment/youth group or community group and not to any individual with the exception of the Micro Award category.
10. The Festivals Company Limited and Iris Prize Outreach Ltd accept no responsibility for the loss or damage of any exhibition material whilst in transit.
11. In the case of any dispute, all terms and conditions will be interpreted according to the laws of England and Wales.