Welcome to Cardiff!
Cardiff is the eleventh largest city in the United Kingdom and has a population of 362,400. We hope you have an enjoyable time here but in case you need any inspiration or advice please check out these sources of useful information:
If you need assistance during your time at Iris then maybe these contacts can help:
- Iris Prize Office – 029 20232744 / email email@example.com
- Health advice – 111
- Non-urgent police – 101
- EMERGENCIES (for Police, Paramedics, Fire Service and Coast Guard) – 999 or 112
- Taxis – Uber operate in Cardiff but you might also want to try Dragon Taxis on 029 20333333
- Accident and Emergency – our A&E department is at University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XW. 029 20747747 is the hospital switchboard number.
Iris after dark
We have a saying at Iris – “Watch films, party nightly, repeat”. And now we’re able to all meet again in Cardiff to celebrate excellence in storytelling in LGBTQ+ film here’s our suggestions for late night partying and networking.
- Thursday – after the Love Wins gig with Kitty, Dead Method and Freddie Lewis you’ll probably find the Iris crew exercising their vocal chords with Karaoke in Kings. (Kings, Churchill Way, CF10 2DX)
- Friday – we’re intending to make the bar at Premiere Cinema rock after the World Premiere of Dennis Shinners’ Barrio Boy. Afterwards please feel free to enjoy Cardiff’s nightlife. We’ve got vouchers entitling you to half-price entry to Pulse (top end of Churchill Way, beneath the Capitol Centre) when you present the voucher and a valid festival pass or ticket. Check in with our colleagues on the guest and delegate desk in Premiere Cinema to get your voucher(s).
- Saturday – if you still want to carry on partying after the award show after-party then our friends at Pulse will still be honouring the half-price vouchers until 2am Sunday morning…