19 countries represented in Cardiff final including for the first time Peru, Bosnia and Herzegovina and North Macedonia
The £30,000 prize continues to be funded by The Michael Bishop Foundation
A documentary attempting to rediscover our recent history, a vision of the future which will keep you awake at night and a dark comedy which will have you screaming in your cinema chair – these are just some of the highlights.
· BUFF will nominate a short film for the Best British Award at Iris and present a programme of Iris Prize shorts in London
· “This partnership is a reminder that diversity starts at home.”
• “What will you see in Cardiff?” returns in bold 2019 marketing strategy as Cardiff is put centre stage for 6-day LGBT+ film festival.
• Ana Jaks’ popular illustrations evolve in a series of colourful and confident designs for Iris Prize LGBT+ Film Festival’s 2019 marketing campaign.
• “British audiences would be starved of LGBT+ content if it were not for the work of this amazing, kind man”
• “Mikael’s taken the ordinary and created something extraordinary, which captures the gay experience in 2019.”
• INVOLUNTARY ACTIVIST available on BBC iPlayer for a month following premier on BBC Two Wales on Thursday 21 March 2019