The Boys' Village was once a holiday home for coalminers' sons, boasting a pool, sports yards and even a chapel. Fifteen years since its closure, little remains of its former glory as vandalism by local youths has reduced the village to almost rubble. With shattered glass and debris lining the rooms and hallways, it can be a parent’s worst nightmare or heaven on earth for a certain kind of child. It more or less is for Kevin. He has been eleven years old for quite some time now. Has it been years or decades?
Ben Thorne, Andrew McQueen, Hannah-Rose Jones.
UK / Germany, 22 min
Festival Screenings 2011
- October – Iris Prize Festival, Cardiff
- October – Hamburg Queer Film Festival
- November – Reeling, the Chicago Lesbian and Gay International Film Festival
- November – Beijing Film Academy International Film Festival (Winner Audience Award)
Festival Screenings 2012
- March – Melbourne Queer Film Festival
- May – FANTASPOA – Int. Fantastic Film Festival of Porto Alegre
- May – InsideOut – Toronto LGBT Film Festival
- July – OUTFEST – Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Film Festival
- July – SoSoGay London Screenings
- August – North Carolina Gay & Lesbian Film Festival – Durham NC
Festival screening requests please contact The Festivals Company Grant@thefestivalscompany.co.uk