THANK YOU FOR JOINING US!
Watch ‘The Iris Guide to Storytelling – On Screen’ Documentary taking you through the history of storytelling and LGBT+ stories on screen and sharing top tips from experts about telling your story on screen, featuring:
- Professor Joseph Sobol – Centre Director of George Ewart Evans Centre for Storytelling at USW
- Gilly Adams – Storytelling Practitioner at Swansea University
- Dr Emily Garside – Leading expert on LGBT+ Theatre, Film & TV
- Bethan Evans – Scriptwriting Executive at Bad Wolf TV
- Jayne Rowlands – Filmmaker
- Emmanuel Anyiam-Osigwe – Chairman and Founder of British Urban Film Festival
- Tom Abell – Peccadillo Pictures
- Peter Tatchell – Activist
‘How To Tell Your Story’ with Gilly Adams
‘Start Making Movies’ with Tom Barrance
Screening of Iris Outreach Production ‘Our Souls’, made by students at Ysgol Aberconwy, followed by an ‘In Conversation With Harrison Williams, Cinematographer of ‘Our Souls’’
By attending you will learn a selection of new practical skills and gain valuable advice about how to take your story to the next step on screen. If you’ve never made a film before but might have had ‘that’ story in your head for a while, are a filmmaker in need of encouragement to tell more stories or just want to try something new – The Iris Guide to Storytelling will give you a toolkit to move forward.
The Iris Guide to Storytelling is supported by Stonewall, Welsh Government and the National Lottery Community Fund.